The Lucky Onion are looking for dedicated and reliable full time Kitchen Porters to join our friendly kitchen team at The Wheatsheaf, our excellent pub and hotel in Northleach, a small market town in the heart of the Cotswolds.
This is a great role for someone who is seeking to start a career in the kitchen.
As a Kitchen Porter, you will be responsible for maintaining standards of cleanliness and supporting the smooth running of the kitchen. Your main duties will involve:
• collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
• getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use as quickly as possible
• washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
• making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
• removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
• Maintaining a high level of cleanliness
• unloading deliveries of food to the kitchen
• organising the storeroom
• basic food preparation
At The Lucky Onion we are proud of our reputation for offering exceptional training and development as well as giving opportunities to learn from our talented Head Chefs, local artisans, suppliers and leaders in the culinary field. As a kitchen porter you will have access to training and development if you are looking to progress in the industry.
If you are interested in working with an award winning company and a friendly, fun and professional team who are passionate about good food and drink; we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please note that due to the rural location, your own transport is essential as we do not have live-in available.
Our generous staff benefits also include:
• Excellent career opportunities within a growing and dynamic company
• Great company incentives and rewards
• Employee discounts on our products and in our restaurants and hotels
• Extensive training and development opportunities with industry leaders
• Generous holiday allowance (increasing with years of service)